Established in 2006 as a social site for college students to mingle, Facebook has since gone on to attract millions upon millions of users of all ages worldwide, making it one the most popular saites ever in Internet history.
Facebook users flock to the site for a variety of reasons, such as online games, photo sharing, catching up, planning events, and more. However, a good majority of users have found that Facebook provides a convenient way to make informed buying decisions, keep up with their favorite brands, discover new products, and find new companies and businesses.
In fact, Facebook now has more than 1 BILLION users. This, of course, is beneficial to businesses as they have the potential to draw in customers from all over the globe.
If you have not yet made a business presence on Facebook – the 5 reasons listed below may change your mind.
* Facebook gives your company a personality. Since Facebook is all about engaging with others and sharing information, it’s the perfect platform for a business to humanize itself through one-on-one conversations, community messages, contests, Q&A sessions, and more. Companies that actively communicate with customers and followers have better chances of obtaining new customers and retaining current ones. Moreover, real-time customer service allows consumers to have a sense of trust, which ultimately will lead to more business.
* Facebook is currently visited more than any other social media site. Although it’s always a good idea to have a presence on all the major social networking sites, Facebook is extremely important as it brings in millions of daily regular users worldwide. In addition, a good number of Facebook users use the site to learn about new products and trends, get service recommendations, and help others make informed buying decisions.
* Facebook offers all companies and professionals their own free business page. In a matter of minutes, you can easily create your own page, complete with company information, pictures, events, product listings, and more. Additionally, your followers and customers will have a convenient way to engage with other like-minded people and share recommendations. If you have not yet set up your own business page, click the link below to get started: https://www.facebook.com/pages
* You can track the effectiveness of your company’s online social media presence. Facebook’s integrated tools and applications on business pages allows you to determine the makeup of your customer base, their shopping habits, and how likely they are to purchase from your business. Moreover, Facebook offers an “Insights” feature on all business accounts. The “Insights” feature allows you to see what kind of reach and impact each of your posts have had. It also can determine the age group, gender, and locations of the people that have read your posts.
* Your business page is public and searchable by millions of Facebook users. In addition, when people give your page a “Like,” it becomes visible in their News Feed. This means that their own Facebook friends will most likely see your company name as long as they share the pages they are fans of. Furthermore, Facebook ranks high on major search engines. By incorporating the proper keywords and staying active on your account, not only will your Facebook business page move up in search engine results, but your company website and other social media accounts can potentially move up as well.
Did you know that we can fully manage your Facebook Business presence. Currently we manage well over 200 Business pages. We know what works and can help you get the most out of your social media presence.
Want to know more? check out a few of our plans at: